Potala Palace, Jorkang Temple, Barkor, Ganden Monastery, Sera Monastery
Sacred Potala Palace, vast grassland with yaks, snow-capped mountains standing nearby the crystal heavenly lake in the pure blue sky, this tour gives a comprehensive experience of Tibet culture, history & nature.
Day1 Arrival at Lhasa by flight or train [3658m]
You will be greeted by your Tibetan guide once you arrive in Lhasa Gonggar airport or train station. From airport to Lhasa city is 68km, around one hour and half drive will take you to the holy city Lhasa; from the train station it is only 15km and takes 20 minutes by drive. Afternoon, have a good rest to acclimatize the high altitude. Overnight in Lhasa.
Day2 Lhasa City sightseeing [B]
Today is your first day of sightseeing on the high plateau, so we have purposely arranged only to visit Jokhang Temple and Potala Palace. Potala Palace is the worldwide known cardinal landmark of Tibet. The massive structure itself contains a small world within it. Mostly it is renowned as residence of the Dalai Lama lineages (Avalokiteshvara). Jokhang temple is the most scared shrine in Tibet which was built in 7th century and located at the heart of old town in Lhasa. The circuit around the Jokhang called Barkhor Street is a good place to purchase souvenirs. Both of them are the focal points of pilgrims from entire Tibetan world, multitudinous pilgrims are circumambulating and prostrating in their strong faith. Afterwards stroll on the narrow streets of Lhasa old town to meet local people and visit their markets. Overnight in Lhasa.
Day3 Lhasa sightseeing [B]
Morning you will make an excursion trip to Ganden Monastery (about 70km drive from Lhasa), which ranks the first among the six largest monasteries of Gelugpa. In addition to its magnificent architecture and religious importance, there is an extremely fabulous view on top of the Ganden Wangpo Hill, and Kyichu valley is behind Ganden Monastery, it is strongly suggested to hiking around the monastery and taking a bird's-eye view of the valley. Early afternoon, drive back to Lhasa to visit Sera Monastery for its famous monks debating between 3pm to 5pm (unavailable on Sunday). Overnight in Lhasa.
Day4 Lhasa / Namsto Lake / Lhasa [B]
On the way to Namtso, you will have a far view of Nyenchen Thanglha Snow Mountain. Enjoy the view of the vast grassland and spectacular natural scenery. You’ll arrive at Namtso after pass Nagela Pass[5150m]. It’s the highest salt lake. It means “holy lake” in the Tibetan language. In the early summer, flocks of wild ducks fly to inhabit here and breed their offspring. Wild animals such as black bears, yaks, wild donkeys, bharals, foxes, roe deer and marmots can often be found around the lake. You can do a bit trekking at the lake side.
Day5 Lhasa airport / train station dropping off [B]
Morning Lhasa airport or train station dropping off, the time to say your farewells to your guide and driver, end the trip.
Includes & Excludes
- What's included in this price?
- Transport: Private minivan or minibus with driver
- Free Lhasa airport / train pick-up and drop-off
- Twin-sharing / double room accommodation in Tibet
- Local English-speaking Tibetan guide
- All entrance fees of sightseeing places mentioned in itinerary
- All necessary Tibet permits
- Welcome Tibetan dinner
- Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance
- Government tax
- What's excluded in this price?
- Tips for the guide and driver
- Flight or train tickets into and out of Lhasa
- Meals not included in the itinerary: Lunch and Dinner
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, etc
Date & Price
|Group Tour Departure Dates for 2020|
|Comfortable Class||Apr. to Jun.||Jul. to Aug.||Sept. to Oct.|
The above quotations are based on two tourists sharing one twin room. If anyone need a single room, the single room suppliment will be added.
|Comfortable Class||Apr. to Jun.||Jul. to Aug.||Sept. to Oct.|
Why Choose Us
Each of our tours is intensively designed inclusive of the very best landmarks and attractions. All our tour groups max out at 12 people, so that every tourist’s needs can be considerably catered for. More reasons for why taking a Tibet tour with us? Check out below.
- Our Strengths
- Unbeatable Price & Great Service
- 100% Tibet Permit Guarantee
- English-speaking Tibetan Guide
- No Shopping & No Hidden Cost
- Free Cancellation
- Recommended on Tripadvisor
- Our Guest Reviews
Thank you for all your help organising our trip to Tibet.
We had a fantastic time, and thought that Dondrup was a superb guide – very knowledgeable and friendly, while Dawa was a great driver and always very helpful. Thank you again – we will be recommending you to our friends.
Recommend other popular Tibet tours
- North Everest Base Camp Tour in 8 Days Lhasa / Gyantse / Shigatse / EBC Most popular Everest Base Camp adventure tour begins in Lhasa with its historic architectural monuments and monasteries. This tour includes all of the best sights, sounds, and smells Tibet has to offer. The expedition to the great Mt. Everest, one of earth’s most remote corners, could also give you a chance to view the sunrise and sunset there. You can do nothing but feel marvel for the nature’s masterpiece. 8 Daysfrom: $800
- Overland Tour from Lhasa to Kathmandu in 7 Days Lhasa / Gyantse / Shigatse / EBC / Kathmandu Travel from Lhasa to Kathmandu via Everest Base Camp adventure tour includes featured historic sites and natural beauty in Tibet. Taking a ‘heart beating’ walk at the Everest Base Camp, gazing at the mysterious north face of mighty Mt. Everest, watching the snowcapped majestic Himalayan mountain range passing by, you will feel the power of the nature and your spirit will be cleansing. That’s the meaning of travelling in Tibet! 7 Daysfrom: $950
- Mout Kailash Pilgrimage in 15 Days Lhasa/Gyantse/Shigatse/EBC/Lake Monasarovar/Kailash Mt. Kailash is the most sacred place in Tibet, every year, many people make a pilgrimage here, they believe circumambulating it will bring good fortune. This group tour covers all the must seeing places and scenic spots in Tibet, which is very similar to our 8 Days’ Mt. Everest tour, but it drives further to the wild northern part. Join this spiritual tour to follow the pilgrim to experience a different Tibet! 15 Daysfrom: $1850