You could wind your way up through the Potala, join the shuffling, murmuring pilgrims around the shrines of the Jokhang, and let yourself be swept around the Barkhor. Besides, you'll have a chance to witness famous monk debating session at Sera.
Day 1 Arrival in Lhasa [3658m]
You will be greeted by your Tibetan guide once you arrive in Lhasa Gonggar airport or train station. From airport to Lhasa city is 68km, around one hour and half drive will take you to the holy city Lhasa; from the train station it is only 15km and takes 20 minutes by drive. Afternoon, have a good rest to acclimatize the high altitude. Overnight in Lhasa.
Day 2 Lhasa Sightseeing
The first day of sightseeing starts from Lhasa's cardinal landmark-Potala Palace, a structure of massive portions. Its towering image already appearing on various occasions, but your first sight of the Potala will still be an awe-inspiring moment. It takes at least a good 2-hour to visit those rooms, halls and chapels. In the afternoon, we will drop a visit of the Jokhang Temple, the spiritual center of Tibet. Everyday, pilgrims from every corner of Tibet trek a long distance to the temple. The temple is the product of Han, Tibetan and Nepalese architectural techniques. Then we will visit Barkhor, the oldest street in a very traditional city in Tibet. Overnight in Lhasa.
Day 3 Lhasa Sightseeing
About 8km west of central Lhasa is the Drepung Monastery, once world's largest monastery with about 10,000 monks. This day's sightseeing begins with these white monastic buildings piled up on the hillside. Walking up to the hill is a pleasant thing, an easy break from the solemn ambience inside the halls and chapels. At the plat roof of hillside, you can have very good views of the whole Lhasa city and the distant mountains. Drepung is one of Lhasa's two great Gelugpa monasteries, the other is Sera Monastery. Around 5km north of central Lhasa, Sera may not be as grandiose as Drepung, but is more serene surrounded by many small temples. The 'Buddhism Scriptures Debating' in Sera is very famous. Overnight in Lhasa.
Day 4 Lhasa airport / train station dropping off
Today, Lhasa airport or train station dropping off, the time to say your farewells to your guide and driver, end the trip.
Note: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner
Includes & Excludes
- What's included in this price?
- Transport: Private minivan or minibus with driver
- Free Lhasa airport / train pick-up and drop-off
- Twin-sharing / double room accommodation in Tibet
- Local English-speaking Tibetan guide
- All entrance fees of sightseeing places mentioned in itinerary
- All necessary Tibet permits
- Government tax
- What's excluded in this price?
- Chinese Visa fee
- Tips for the guide and driver
- Flight or train tickets into and out of Lhasa
- Meals not included in the itinerary: Lunch and Dinner
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, etc
Why Choose Us
Each of our tours is intensively designed inclusive of the very best landmarks and attractions. All our tour groups max out at 12 people, so that every tourist’s needs can be considerably catered for. More reasons for why taking a Tibet tour with us? Check out below.
- Our Strengths
- Unbeatable Price & Great Service
- 100% Tibet Permit Guarantee
- English-speaking Tibetan Guide
- No Shopping & No Hidden Cost
- Free Cancellation
- Recommended on Tripadvisor
- Our Guest Reviews
Thank you for all your help organising our trip to Tibet.
We had a fantastic time, and thought that Dondrup was a superb guide – very knowledgeable and friendly, while Dawa was a great driver and always very helpful. Thank you again – we will be recommending you to our friends.
Recommend other popular Tibet tours
- North Everest Base Camp Tour in 8 Days Lhasa / Gyantse / Shigatse / EBC Most popular Everest Base Camp adventure tour begins in Lhasa with its historic architectural monuments and monasteries. This tour includes all of the best sights, sounds, and smells Tibet has to offer. The expedition to the great Mt. Everest, one of earth’s most remote corners, could also give you a chance to view the sunrise and sunset there. You can do nothing but feel marvel for the nature’s masterpiece. 8 Daysfrom: $800
- Overland Tour from Lhasa to Kathmandu in 7 Days Lhasa / Gyantse / Shigatse / EBC / Kathmandu Travel from Lhasa to Kathmandu via Everest Base Camp adventure tour includes featured historic sites and natural beauty in Tibet. Taking a ‘heart beating’ walk at the Everest Base Camp, gazing at the mysterious north face of mighty Mt. Everest, watching the snowcapped majestic Himalayan mountain range passing by, you will feel the power of the nature and your spirit will be cleansing. That’s the meaning of travelling in Tibet! 7 Daysfrom: $950
- Mout Kailash Pilgrimage in 15 Days Lhasa/Gyantse/Shigatse/EBC/Lake Monasarovar/Kailash Mt. Kailash is the most sacred place in Tibet, every year, many people make a pilgrimage here, they believe circumambulating it will bring good fortune. This group tour covers all the must seeing places and scenic spots in Tibet, which is very similar to our 8 Days’ Mt. Everest tour, but it drives further to the wild northern part. Join this spiritual tour to follow the pilgrim to experience a different Tibet! 15 Daysfrom: $1850