This tour is an ideal option for tourists who want to enjoy more natural beauty of Tibet in limited travel time. Besides all of the best sights in Lhasa, you'll additionally have a chance to see the beautiful Yamdrok Yumtso Lake. The lake is the closest holy lake to Lhasa among the “Great Three Lakes” in Tibet.
Day 1 Arrive in Lhasa
Upon arrival at airport, be greeted and offered a white scarf (called Kada) in a Tibet traditional way which brings you good luck. Then drive to the city proper (3650 m). Stay at the hotel for adapting to the high attitude upon your arrival. It is helpful to take things easy for the first few days, and try to drink more water than before. (be noted the first day’s acclimation is extremely to ensure you a good health status for the following tour, so please make sure you have yourself lie in bed for all the rest time of the day right after check-in of hotel.
Day 2 Tour of Lhasa
This morning you’ll wind your way up through the stunning, awe-inspiring Potala Palace. Built in 637 AD by Songtsen Gampo, it was the former winter residence for the Dalai Lamas and is truly a splendor of Eastern architecture. Next, visit the Jokhang Temple, the center of Tibetan Buddhism, also built in the 7th century on the legendary pond of “Wothang”. And finish the day by taking a Kora around the Barkhor. Test your bartering skills with the locals in this push-and-shove economy.
Day 3 Tour of Lhasa
About 8km west of central Lhasa is the Drepung Monastery, once world's largest monastery with about 10,000 monks. This day's sightseeing begins with these white monastic buildings piled up on the hillside. Walking up to the hill is a pleasant thing, an easy break from the solemn ambience inside the halls and chapels. At the plat roof of hillside, you can have very good views of the whole Lhasa city and the distant mountains. Drepung is one of Lhasa's two great Gelugpa monasteries, the other is Sera Monastery. Around 5km north of central Lhasa, Sera may not be as grandiose as Drepung, but is more serene surrounded by many small temples. The 'Buddhism Scriptures Debating' in Sera is very famous.
Day 4 Lhasa / Yamdrok Lake / Lhasa
Drive to Yamdrok Lake from Lhasa in the morning. You will enjoy the spectacular scenery. Yamdrok Lake is a coiling, many-armed body of water shaped like a scorpion. It doubles back on itself on the western side, effectively creating a large island within its reaches. For Tibetans, it is one of the four holy lakes of Tibet. And the home of wrathful deities. The lake lies several hundred meters below the road, and in clear weather is a fabulous shade of deep turquoise. Far in the distance is the huge massif of Mt. Nojin Kangtsang (7191m).
Day 5 Tour Ends
Free morning for shopping, buy some souvenirs for your families and friends. After lunch, departure transfer to see off, tour services end and Tibet welcome you back forever.
Includes & Excludes
- What's included in this price?
- Transport: Private minivan or minibus with driver
- Free Lhasa airport / train pick-up and drop-off
- Twin-sharing / double room accommodation in Tibet
- Local English-speaking Tibetan guide
- All entrance fees of sightseeing places mentioned in itinerary
- All necessary Tibet permits
- Government tax
- What's excluded in this price?
- Chinese Visa fee
- Tips for the guide and driver
- Flight or train tickets into and out of Lhasa
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, etc
※What is a Private Tour?
Why Choose Us
Each of our tours is intensively designed inclusive of the very best landmarks and attractions. All our tour groups max out at 12 people, so that every tourist’s needs can be considerably catered for. More reasons for why taking a Tibet tour with us? Check out below.
- Our Strengths
- Unbeatable Price & Great Service
- 100% Tibet Permit Guarantee
- English-speaking Tibetan Guide
- No Shopping & No Hidden Cost
- Free Cancellation
- Recommended on Tripadvisor
- Our Guest Reviews
Thank you for all your help organising our trip to Tibet.
We had a fantastic time, and thought that Dondrup was a superb guide – very knowledgeable and friendly, while Dawa was a great driver and always very helpful. Thank you again – we will be recommending you to our friends.
Recommend other popular Tibet tours
- North Everest Base Camp Tour in 8 Days Lhasa / Gyantse / Shigatse / EBC Most popular Everest Base Camp adventure tour begins in Lhasa with its historic architectural monuments and monasteries. This tour includes all of the best sights, sounds, and smells Tibet has to offer. The expedition to the great Mt. Everest, one of earth’s most remote corners, could also give you a chance to view the sunrise and sunset there. You can do nothing but feel marvel for the nature’s masterpiece. 8 Daysfrom: $800
- Overland Tour from Lhasa to Kathmandu in 7 Days Lhasa / Gyantse / Shigatse / EBC / Kathmandu Travel from Lhasa to Kathmandu via Everest Base Camp adventure tour includes featured historic sites and natural beauty in Tibet. Taking a ‘heart beating’ walk at the Everest Base Camp, gazing at the mysterious north face of mighty Mt. Everest, watching the snowcapped majestic Himalayan mountain range passing by, you will feel the power of the nature and your spirit will be cleansing. That’s the meaning of travelling in Tibet! 7 Daysfrom: $950
- Mout Kailash Pilgrimage in 15 Days Lhasa/Gyantse/Shigatse/EBC/Lake Monasarovar/Kailash Mt. Kailash is the most sacred place in Tibet, every year, many people make a pilgrimage here, they believe circumambulating it will bring good fortune. This group tour covers all the must seeing places and scenic spots in Tibet, which is very similar to our 8 Days’ Mt. Everest tour, but it drives further to the wild northern part. Join this spiritual tour to follow the pilgrim to experience a different Tibet! 15 Daysfrom: $1850