Lhasa- Nyingchi highway to open by the end of JulyTime: 2015-07-12 11:36:50
The high-grade highway between Lhasa and Nyingchi is expected to open by the end of July, 2015.
At present, more than 90 percent of the highway have been completed, and infrastructure construction for the project will be finished before June 30th.
"As the priority and key projects, the Bayi bridge and tunnel across the Niyang River have now entered the stage of completion", said He Dongxue, director of the Comprehensive Coordination Headquarter in Nyingchi.
Two sections of the highway have been constructed simultaneously: the Nyingchi section from Nyingchi to Gongpo Gyamda, and the Lhasa section from Lhasa to Medro Gongkar. Strict quality control has ensured that the whole process has been tracked and audited, supervised and inspected, for a final acceptance rate of 100 percent. The production of the highway is required to be safe with zero deaths.
New technology and materials were applied in the construction of Lhasa-Nyingchi highway. A group was established to research pavement crack prevention technology, and after repeated trials they succeeded in collecting a large amount of data. For the first time in Tibetan highway construction the anti-cracking fabric was applied to the pavement, and has so far achieved good results.
It is estimated that the total static investment in the high-grade Lhasa to Nyingchi highway is 38 billion yuan. The grade-one highway has four lanes, and has been designed for speeds of 80km/hour (a fast highway in the plateau environment). From the starting point at Zhenba village in Nyingchi City to the end in Lhasa’s new Liuwu District, the total length is 409.2km. Once the road opens to traffic, travel time between Lhasa and Nyingchi will be reduced by at least three hours.
- Nyingchi Peach Blossom Festival-22 March 2020 The Nyingchi Peach Blossom Festival this year is confirmed as March 22, 2020. And the venue for opening ceremony is still in Gala Village, which is 17 km from Bayi Town, the city center of Nyingchi.
Nyingchi Railway Station will be open in October 2021
The whole construction project of Nyingchi Railway Station was expected to be completed and open in October 2021, the China Tibet News reported on December 31, 2019.
After the completion of the project, Nyingchi Railway Station will be Tibet’s third prefecture-level railway station providing passenger and freight service, after the regional capital Lhasa and the regional second largest city Shigatse.
- Butter Lamp Festival 2019 and the 600th Anniversary of the Parinirvana of Tsongkhapa On December 21, 2019, befell Tibet’s Butter Lamp Festival, which is held annually to commemorate the parinirvana of Tsongkhapa, on the Tibetan Lunar calendar’s October 25.
- Tibet Airlines to open two new air routes Tibet Airlines will begin operating two new air routes linking Lhasa with Shenzhen and Changsha in China.
- Everest Base Camp to Reopen Mt Everest Base Camp in Tibet will reopen to tourists on July 1st, according to local tourism authorities.
- Top 10 news stories in Tibet in 2014 2014 is over, this news is about the 10 top stories happened this year.
Recommend other popular Tibet tours
- North Everest Base Camp Tour in 8 Days Lhasa / Gyantse / Shigatse / EBC Most popular Everest Base Camp adventure tour begins in Lhasa with its historic architectural monuments and monasteries. This tour includes all of the best sights, sounds, and smells Tibet has to offer. The expedition to the great Mt. Everest, one of earth’s most remote corners, could also give you a chance to view the sunrise and sunset there. You can do nothing but feel marvel for the nature’s masterpiece. 8 Daysfrom: $800
- Overland Tour from Lhasa to Kathmandu in 7 Days Lhasa / Gyantse / Shigatse / EBC / Kathmandu Travel from Lhasa to Kathmandu via Everest Base Camp adventure tour includes featured historic sites and natural beauty in Tibet. Taking a ‘heart beating’ walk at the Everest Base Camp, gazing at the mysterious north face of mighty Mt. Everest, watching the snowcapped majestic Himalayan mountain range passing by, you will feel the power of the nature and your spirit will be cleansing. That’s the meaning of travelling in Tibet! 7 Daysfrom: $950
- Mout Kailash Pilgrimage in 15 Days Lhasa/Gyantse/Shigatse/EBC/Lake Monasarovar/Kailash Mt. Kailash is the most sacred place in Tibet, every year, many people make a pilgrimage here, they believe circumambulating it will bring good fortune. This group tour covers all the must seeing places and scenic spots in Tibet, which is very similar to our 8 Days’ Mt. Everest tour, but it drives further to the wild northern part. Join this spiritual tour to follow the pilgrim to experience a different Tibet! 15 Daysfrom: $1850