Tibet Airlines to open two new air routesTime: 2015-07-11 19:34:59
Tibet Airlines will begin operating two new air routes linking Lhasa, the capital of Tibet, with two other cities in China on Friday, authorities said.
A daily route connecting Lhasa with south China's Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province will leave Lhasa at 11:30 a.m. and arrive in Shenzhen at 3:20 p.m. The return flight will leave Shenzhen at 4:25 p.m. and arrive in Lhasa at 8:45 p.m.
Another route linking Lhasa with central China's Changsha City, capital of Hunan Province will be operated every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. It will leave Lhasa at 12:10 p.m. and arrive in Changsha at 3 p.m. The return flight will leave Changsha at 3:50 p.m. and land in Lhasa at 7 p.m.
Both routes are the only direct flights linking Lhasa with Shenzhen and Changsha, according to Lin Mingjing, manager of Tibet Airlines marketing department. "They will provide more choices for passengers."
Tibet Airlines is the first airline company based in Tibet. Launched in 2011, the airline has networks covering major inland cities including Beijing, Shanghai, Chongqing and Hangzhou.
- Nyingchi Peach Blossom Festival-22 March 2020 The Nyingchi Peach Blossom Festival this year is confirmed as March 22, 2020. And the venue for opening ceremony is still in Gala Village, which is 17 km from Bayi Town, the city center of Nyingchi.
Nyingchi Railway Station will be open in October 2021
The whole construction project of Nyingchi Railway Station was expected to be completed and open in October 2021, the China Tibet News reported on December 31, 2019.
After the completion of the project, Nyingchi Railway Station will be Tibet’s third prefecture-level railway station providing passenger and freight service, after the regional capital Lhasa and the regional second largest city Shigatse.
- Butter Lamp Festival 2019 and the 600th Anniversary of the Parinirvana of Tsongkhapa On December 21, 2019, befell Tibet’s Butter Lamp Festival, which is held annually to commemorate the parinirvana of Tsongkhapa, on the Tibetan Lunar calendar’s October 25.
- Lhasa- Nyingchi highway to open by the end of July The high-grade highway between Lhasa and Nyingchi is expected to open by the end of July, 2015.
- Everest Base Camp to Reopen Mt Everest Base Camp in Tibet will reopen to tourists on July 1st, according to local tourism authorities.
- Top 10 news stories in Tibet in 2014 2014 is over, this news is about the 10 top stories happened this year.
Recommend other popular Tibet tours
- North Everest Base Camp Tour in 8 Days Lhasa / Gyantse / Shigatse / EBC Most popular Everest Base Camp adventure tour begins in Lhasa with its historic architectural monuments and monasteries. This tour includes all of the best sights, sounds, and smells Tibet has to offer. The expedition to the great Mt. Everest, one of earth’s most remote corners, could also give you a chance to view the sunrise and sunset there. You can do nothing but feel marvel for the nature’s masterpiece. 8 Daysfrom: $800
- Overland Tour from Lhasa to Kathmandu in 7 Days Lhasa / Gyantse / Shigatse / EBC / Kathmandu Travel from Lhasa to Kathmandu via Everest Base Camp adventure tour includes featured historic sites and natural beauty in Tibet. Taking a ‘heart beating’ walk at the Everest Base Camp, gazing at the mysterious north face of mighty Mt. Everest, watching the snowcapped majestic Himalayan mountain range passing by, you will feel the power of the nature and your spirit will be cleansing. That’s the meaning of travelling in Tibet! 7 Daysfrom: $950
- Mout Kailash Pilgrimage in 15 Days Lhasa/Gyantse/Shigatse/EBC/Lake Monasarovar/Kailash Mt. Kailash is the most sacred place in Tibet, every year, many people make a pilgrimage here, they believe circumambulating it will bring good fortune. This group tour covers all the must seeing places and scenic spots in Tibet, which is very similar to our 8 Days’ Mt. Everest tour, but it drives further to the wild northern part. Join this spiritual tour to follow the pilgrim to experience a different Tibet! 15 Daysfrom: $1850